Protection from the elements that converts to a vest when the weather improves. This Convertible Jacket stuffs into its own pocket for storage in your jersey, and comes with an integrated strap to secure it to your frame. Zippered front pockets give you a place to put your hands when you're off the bike, and a large zippered back pocket carries your essentials.
- Barrier fabric is windproof and water-resistant.
- Mesh panel on back provides ventilation.
- Sleeves zip off to convert the jacket to a vest.
- Elastic hem and cuffs seal out drafts.
- Silicone gripper at waist keeps jacket from riding up.
- Cut close to the body to minimize flapping, with enough room for a jersey underneath.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.