Urban commuters get to enjoy the protection of MET’s sport helmets ̶ without looking like you should be wearing full spandex. Small touches like bug-proof netting in the vents make sure the only thing in your hair is the wind.
- Integrated LED taillight and rear-facing reflector help keep you seen.
- Lightweight in-mold construction fuses EPS to a polycarbonate shell to help protect you from impacts.
- Extended coverage at the base of head.
- Removeable visor keeps weather off your face.
- Safe-T fit system lets you adjust your fit quickly and precisely.
- 14 vents with netting let air flow through to keep you comfortable.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).