MEC partnered with Montreal’s Indyeva to create an exclusive edition of the Solukko, with a matte surface that gives the jacket a distinct urban style. Baffles of responsibly sourced, pillowy soft down clusters wrap you coziness. Small technical details like a 2-way zipper and zippered side slits make life a little more comfortable, and let you sit without unzipping your coat. And, if you want to leave your toque at home, the generously insulated hood has you covered.
- Bluesign® approved recycled ripstop nylon shell has a water resistant DWR finish.
- Waterproof panels on shoulders add weather protection where it's needed.
- 600 fill-power insulation meets the Responsible Down Standard (60% white duck down and 40% feather).
- Downproof fabric uses tightly woven construction to keep the down where it should be.
- Insulated removeable hood.
- Fleece lined collar provides scarf-like warmth.
- 2 zippered hand pockets lined in soft microfleece.
- Internal zippered pocket keeps your phone out of battery-draining cold.
- Knit cuffs with thumb holes keep cold air out and help to warm to backs of your hands.
- Drop-tail hem offers extra coverage.
- 2-way zipper and zippered side slits let you customize your ventilation.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Insulation||600 fill-power duck down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.