The latest generation of Garmin’s slim smartwatches combines favourite features like music playback and a colour screen, with the latest hardware and software. The Venu 2 is equipped with the 4th generation Elevate™ optical heart rate monitor. Heart rate data is used in tracking calories, stress levels, sleep quality and training efficiency. The GPS and barometric altimeter records speed and distance, giving credit for any stairs climbed. During personal time, built-in breathing exercises help you get relax. Paired with the free Garmin Connect app you can review activities, receive notifications, track weather and control apps like Spotify®.
- 3cm AMOLED colour display has deep blacks and vibrant colours making it crisp and clear in any light.
- Intuitive widgets display needed metrics.
- Activity animations show proper form for strength training, cardio, Pilates and yoga with more than 40 structured workouts.
- 25+ activity modes, including: hiking, biking, running (with VO2 Max and cadence data), HIIT (AMRAP, EMOM, Tabata and more), walking, swimming (indoor only with stroke detection and SWOLF), strength training (with rep counting and targeted muscle mapping), yoga, Pilates and more.
- Robust golfing support: yardage, hazards, dog legs plus digital scorecard.
- Breathwork mode helps you relax and focus.
- Respiration tracking counts breaths per minute asleep, awake, during yoga or in a breathwork exercise.
- Garmin Coach personalized training plans: 5k, 10k, or just train smarter.
- Move IQ intelligently detects any activity to record all your daily exercise, from spin class to taking the stairs.
- Listen to music over Bluetooth®, download playlists and podcasts via music services (Spotify®, Amazon Music or Deezer. Premium account may be required).
- Playlists synced from streaming services update when in range of Wi-Fi.
- Holds up to 650 songs.
- Body Battery™ tracks daily energy levels to aid training. See what drains your energy (exercise) and recharges your energy (rest, food).
- Garmin Pay™ contact-less payment (if supported by your bank).
- LiveTrack™ during activities (through a connected phone) allows you to share your location and fitness data.
- Incident detection uses your phone to send emergency alerts to your contacts, letting them know where you are.
- Assistance mode sends messages with a LiveTrack link to your location.
- Connects and caches 3 satellite constellations (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) for fast, strong connections nearly anywhere.
- Elevate™ 4.0 optical heart rate monitor has improved accuracy and twice the number of infrared sensors for more precise Pulse Ox data.
- Stress level score monitors heart rate variability while inactive. When stress levels are high, relax with mindful breathing.
- Menstrual tracking logs physical and emotional symptoms to aid training and nutrition during phases of your cycle.
- 24/7 activity tracking learns your activity level and guides you towards a more active lifestyle.
- Sleep score and advanced sleep tracking by FirstBeat™, monitors total sleep hours and periods of movement and restful sleep, providing an overall score and offering insights for improving your sleep.
- Automatically syncs with Garmin Connect app.
- Connects with ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart sensors, from foot pods, to speed and cadence pods (no power meters).
- Connect IQ 4.0 support for downloading apps, templates, data fields, watch faces, and more.
- Quick charge: powers an hour of running in a few minutes.
- Rechargeable battery: 8 hours with GPS and music, 22 hours in GPS mode or up to 11 days in smartwatch mode.
- Internal GPS provides basic waypoint navigation.
- Back to start feature directs you (as the crow flies) to starting point.
- Barometric altimeter tracks your ascent, descent and total elevation changes.
- Scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3.
- Intuitive touchscreen and 2-button interface.
- Quick-release pins to change strap.
- Fits wrists with a circumference of 135-200mm.
- In the box: Venu 2, charging cable and documentation.
Polycarbonate is inexpensive and light, with good clarity and wear-resistance. Mineral crystal glass offers greater clarity and significantly greater wear-resistance. Sapphire crystal is better still for clarity and wear-resistance.
|Mineral crystal glass|
|Wrist strap material||Silicone|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Dimensions||4.6 x 4.6 x 1.2cm|
|12/24 hour format||Yes|
|Metric/imperial units format||Yes|
|Low battery warning||Yes|
Calculated based on data from a heart rate monitor.
Attaches to your shoe, captures your running data (i.e., pace, distance), and transmits it to your heart rate monitor or GPS.
An online community where members upload, analyze and share activity data.
Want an easy jog? A fast-paced ride? A workout with lots of variety to keep you on your toes? With programmable workouts you can tailor your training to match whatever you are looking for on a particular day.
|Heart rate monitor||Yes|
Heart rate target zones
Displays heart rate zones during activity.
A coded instrument ensures no interference between your chest strap and your watch, necessary if you are training in busy gyms or trails where other signals may be encountered.
|Batteries||Rechargeable battery pack (non-removable)|
Allows user to monitor training goals with either a virtual partner or alarms.
Heart rate in real time
Displays beats per minute during activity.
|Replaceable wrist strap||Yes|
Calories in real time
Displays calorie expenditure during activity, based on heart rate monitor data.
Monitors pedalling cadence and measures pedalling strokes per minute.
Ensures seamless digital wireless communication between ANT+ devices. For example, data from an ultra-low power wireless sensor can be displayed on a bike computer or smartphone, then downloaded to a PC, etc.
|Battery life||8-264 h|
|Chest strap||Sold separately|
|Product sustainability||Rechargeable batteries|