Empty trails and cooler temperatures are just 2 of the reasons to love night riding. With an output of 5000 lumens the Monteer 5000S is like going for a ride with your car’s high beams lighting your way. With 15 different modes across 3 different lighting styles, there is a mode for every part of the ride, from slow climb trails, to flowing single track and gnarly descents. And, the USB powered battery pack is easy to charge, making days of “good enough” batteries a thing of the past. The 5000S will melt the darkness and show you every corner of the trail.
- Hybrid mode combines spot (21º spread) and flood (31º spread) lighting modes, spot and flood lighting modes can also on their own, all modes have 5 different levels: 100%, 50%, 25%, 10% and flashing.
- Hybrid mode 5 levels: 100% (2h at 5000 lumens), 50% (4.3h at 2500 lumens), 25% (9.3h at 1250 lumens), 10% (28h at 500 lumens) and flash (6.3h at 1800 lumens). Note: The light will lock into the lowest setting when the power is 5% or less.
- Single button control is easy to use with gloves on and the last mode used is remembered for your next ride.
- USB rechargeable 7000mAh battery straps to your frame.
- Battery doubles as a USB powerbank (5V, 2A output).
- 4-level LED battery status light works when charging or in use.
- Machined aluminum housing with integrated heat sync reduces heat build up.
- IP65 weatherproofing keeps the light shining in even the heaviest downpours.
- Integrated Garmin ½ turn mount gives you lots of options to use existing mounts.
- Includes mounting straps for a variety of handlebar diameters (25.4mm, 28mm, 31.8mm, 35mm and aerobars).
|Included mounts||Handlebar mount|
Most Canadian municipalities require a white front light and a red rear light.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Light source||5 Luminus SST40 LEDs|
|Burn time - flash||9.3-35.3 h|
|Burn Time - steady||2-90 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
The amount of time it takes to fully charge the battery. Applies to lithium and NiMH type batteries. Does not apply to rechargeable or non-rechargeable AA or AAA batteries.
Rechargeable lights give you hassle-free recharging with almost any power source. Replaceable batteries provide instant power, but you’ll need to bring extra batteries, recycle used ones and buy new ones.
Includes a bracket or mounting system that attaches to most bike helmets.
|Red light mode||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||Lithium-ion 5200mAh (included)|
|Product sustainability||Rechargeable batteries|