Let Garmin watch your 6. The RTL515 taillight gives your bike radar for what's coming up behind you. Using ANT+ or Bluetooth® Smart to talk to your Edge or your phone, the RTL515 displays approaching cars on the screen. The powerful LED makes sure that drivers are aware of you. Great for long rides on quiet roads where you might need the RTL515 to snap you back to the reality of an approaching vehicle. When riding busy streets, the radar will tell you what you already know – you’re surrounded by cars, but you can still use it as a standalone bike light. In light only mode, you can control the unit from your paired device, or with the 1-button control on the light itself.
- Bluetooth Smart and ANT+ communication to your compatible Garmin device, other Bluetooth compatible computer (ELEMNT™ series, HammerHead™, etc.), or phone with Garmin Connect app (or other 3rd party apps) allows your speed to control your light.
- Colour coded approaching vehicle display, green shows you're in the clear, yellow indicates a car at a normal speed, red when a car is approaching quickly.
- Display minimizes when no cars are around, for a full screen view of your Edge unit. Display pops out to show approaching vehicle until it passes.
- Audible alerts are also an option, where the beeps increase in frequency as the car approaches.
- 140m range lets you see cars long before you can hear them.
- Tracks multiple vehicles at a time, up to 6 – each represented by a white dot on the display.
- 4 modes: steady 20 lumens (6h), peloton 8 lumens (8h), night flash 29 lumens (6h), and day flash 65 lumens (16h).
- Peloton mode dims your light when riding in a pack.
- Up to 65 lumens and a 220° viewing angle.
- Micro-USB charging lets you top-up your taillight nearly anywhere.
- LED charging indicator lets you know how your light’s battery is doing, both charging and discharging.
- IPX7 waterproofing protects your RTL515 from even the heaviest downpours.
- Tool-free mount is easy to swap between bikes.
- Uses Garmin’s quarter-turn mounting brackets.
- In the box: Varia RTL515, mounting kit (fits both round and aero seat posts), cables and documentation.
|Included mounts||Seat post mount|
Most Canadian municipalities require a white front light and a red rear light.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Burn time - flash||6-16 h|
|Burn Time - steady||6 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
The amount of time it takes to fully charge the battery. Applies to lithium and NiMH type batteries. Does not apply to rechargeable or non-rechargeable AA or AAA batteries.
Rechargeable lights give you hassle-free recharging with almost any power source. Replaceable batteries provide instant power, but you’ll need to bring extra batteries, recycle used ones and buy new ones.
Includes a bracket or mounting system that attaches to most bike helmets.
|Red light mode||Yes|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||Rechargeable battery pack (non-removable)|
|Product sustainability||Rechargeable batteries|