For those looking for a first paddle, or a reliable paddle that won’t make much of a dent in the trip budget, look no further. With its asymmetrical blade and featherable shaft the Explorer has an efficient paddle stroke that kayakers of all skill levels will appreciate.
- Anodized aircraft aluminum shaft.
- Strong nylon and fiberglass blade.
- Asymmetrical blade has a dihedral angle for maximum efficiency.
- Center ferrule connection allows the blade to be feathered.
- Vinyl grips feel warmer than metal on cold mornings.
- Collapsible design is easy to pop in the car.
|Weight||1.1kg (230 cm)|
Blade shapes are designed to apply power efficiently. Short, wide: immediate power. Long, narrow: better leverage in turbulent water. Wing: channels water for maximum power and speed.
|Blade dimensions||46 x 18cm (18 x 7in.)|
The angle of two blades relative to one another. Parallel blade = unfeathered. Offset blades = feathered. Feathered paddles reduce wind resistance. Adjustable paddles can be adjusted left or right.