The weather in the mountains is unpredictable at best, the Helium Down Hoodie pairs down insulation with weatherproofing in key areas to keep you ready for whatever rolls in. Great as a midlayer or by itself, thanks to the responsibly-sourced down and waterproof hood and shoulders. The high fill-power down and durable yet lightweight fabric all pack down small, stuffing into it's own pocket to pack away on bluebird days.
- Pertex® Shield 2.5-layer waterproof fabric on hood, shoulders and upper sleeves.
- Pertex® Quantum nylon ripstop body with a DWR finish.
- Diamond Fuse technology improves durability and abrasion-resistance of fabric without adding weight.
- 800+ fill-power goose down comes from ethically produced sources.
- Insulated hood accommodates a helmet underneath.
- Elastic wrist bindings and drawcord hem seal out drafts.
- Left hand pocket doubles as a stuff sack.
|Face fabric||30-denier ripstop nylon|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||800+ fill-power goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Stuffs in own pocket|