Embrace cold-weather backpacking, knowing your puffy has you covered. While some down jackets tear and bleed down at the touch of a twig, the Diamond Fuse fabric stands up to rigours of the trail without adding extra weight. The high fill-power down and durable fabric all pack down small, stuffing into its own pocket during bluebird days.
- Pertex® Quantum nylon ripstop is highly abrasion-resistant, and has a DWR finish.
- Diamond Fuse technology uses tightly woven, diamond-shaped filaments for improved abrasion- and water-resistance.
- 800+ fill-power goose down comes from ethically produced sources.
- Elastic wrist bindings and drawcord hem seal out drafts.
- Left pocket doubles as a stuff sack.
|Face fabric||30-denier ripstop nylon|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||800+ fill-power goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Stuffs in own pocket|