Add extra insurance to your inflatable PFD. Ocean Signal has years of experience making industry-leading personal locator beacons. The AIS Man Overboard Device (MOB1) sends an alert and a location to all surrounding vessels at first contact with the water. The first messages has latitude and longitude positioning. Once a GPS signal is connected, subsequent messages have a precise GPS fix (AIS and DSC). For non-man overboard emergencies, the MOB1 can be manually activated.
- Automatic activation sends alert within 15 seconds of hitting the water.
- Transmits MOB signal to AIS receivers and AIS enabled plotters in the area.
- Automatic Identification System (AIS) used to identify all area marine traffic, transmissions sent to nearby vessels greatly increase the signal reception.
- Integrated Digital Selective Caller (DSC) broadcasts on a dedicated VHF channel (ch. 70). Once programed, DSC transmissions let receivers know who, when and where the signal came from. Note – DSC is restricted in some regions, check your local regulations.
- MOB1 can be configured with vessel's DSC MMSI number by downloading free software (MMSI number can be updated as needed).
- Compact design installs on most inflatables and PFDs with the included bracket.
- Max 8km range (depending on conditions).
- Broadcasts SOS to surrounding ships, so there's no monthly fee.
- 66-channel GPS receiver pinpoints locations within metres.
- Battery lasts 7 years in storage, transmits for more than 24 hours at -20°C.
- Battery replacement available at Ocean Signal authorised battery replacement centres.
- Retractable antenna improves signal strength and deploys automatically.
- Hard-plastic cover prevents accidental activation.
- Cancel functionality for accidental activation.
- Test button for readiness checks.
- Bright white strobe (13 lumens) guides rescuers to your position.
- Waterproof to 10m.
- Includes: MOB1, mounting bracket, antenna rewind tool, programming adapter, protective cover, lanyard and documentation.
|Ideal for||Emergency preparedness|
|Operating temperature||-20 - 55°C|
|Battery life (operating)||24 h|
|Storage temperature||-30 - 70°C|
|Dimensions||13.4 x 3.8 x 2.7cm|
|Battery life (standby)||84mo|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
Rechargeable lights give you hassle-free recharging with almost any power source. Replaceable batteries provide instant power, but you’ll need to bring extra batteries, recycle used ones and buy new ones.
An electronic compass allows the user to view their heading in situations where they are either standing still or moving too slowly for the GPS to detect.
|Batteries||Lithium-manganese (non-removable, replaceable by manufacturer)|
Ability to test
Allows you to test the unit.
GPS data sent in SOS
GPS coordinates are sent in each SOS message.
Allows you to send a 'check-in' message to let people know you are safe.
Lets you know that your message was received.
|Made in||United Kingdom|