The Etape is a high performance machine decked with the latest tricks to propel you to the front of the peloton. It shares the same high-tech carbon frame as the Attack, but has upgraded components throughout for a lighter weight, increased durability, and tremendous value (we gave it everything but a fancy Italian decal).
- Toray T-700 high modulus carbon fibre frame uses the latest in carbon fibre technology.
- Performance-oriented geometry.
- Oversized headtube contributes to torsional rigidity for better handling.
- FSA Energy handle bar and stem.
- BB30 bottom bracket system is stiffer and more durable.
- Carbon fibre drop out reduces weight.
- Shimano Ultegra components. 10-speed cassette.
- FSA BB30 Energy compact crank set.
- Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheel set.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||Toray T-700 carbon fibre|
|Stem||FSA Energy 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA Orbit C-33 NO. 44/50CF|
|Handlebars||FSA Energy 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano Ultegra (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Ultegra|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Ultegra|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Ultegra|
|Crank + rings||FSA Energy BB30 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA Mega Exo BB 30|
|Hub (front)||Mavic Ksyrium Elite|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Mavic Ksyrium Elite|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Ultegra 10-speed 12-25T|
|Spokes||Mavic Ksyrium Elite|
|Rims||Mavic Ksyrium Elite|
|Tires||Continental Ultra Race 700 x 23|