Our slimmest, most technical down bag blends the magic from our original Merlin and Pharaoh DF lines, and updates it with improved fabrics, fill, and construction. Mountaineers, alpinists, and hikers who prize lightness and performance will find lots to love here.
- Shell and lining are highly water-resistant DWR-treated Pertex nylon.
- Footbox and hood are protected with Pertex Endurance, an ultra-thin membrane that improves water resistance while allowing breathability.
- Down fill is DWR treated so it resists dampness and dries and relofts quickly if it does become damp.
- Over-stuffed first chamber and hood closure minimize drafts.
- Baffles on the front and back of the torso are vertical rather than horizontal to reduce down shift around your core.
- Two-way, ¾-length zip allows heat adjustment without excess weight.
- Hood and shoulder drawcords have different profiles, so you can tell them apart in the dark.
- Small internal pocket holds glasses, headlamp, etc.
- Glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls.
- Roll top stuff sack included.
Note: This item is considered a second-quality product. Due to comments received from members, we retested these bags and discovered unacceptable variation in the amount of down used. We have adjusted the temperature rating from -10 to -5 and dropped the price accordingly.
|Seasons||3-season (-2°C to -12°C)|
|Insulation||800+ fill-power goose down|
The amount of down used to fill the product (measured in grams and given for size medium bags).
The size of the bag when compressed using ASTM standard. This measurement is not available for all brands.
The thickness or puffiness of a bag – a key factor in determing a bag's warmth.
An insulated collar that covers yours neck and shoulders to reduce heat loss.