When Mother Nature throws it down, here’s where to hide. Our Himalayan-proven Nunatak is designed for mountain expeditions and is several hundred grams lighter than earlier models. It now has beefier pegs and guy lines and has added snow flaps to improve its anchoring capacity and aid weather protection.
- Low-profile geodesic dome shape provides maximum resistance to snow and wind.
- Mesh pole sleeves maximize strength while allowing air circulation.
- Two vestibules: the deeper hooped one makes a good storage or cooking area, the other is an excellent airlock for exits and entries.
- U-shaped doors improve ventilation.
- Strong guy lines are reflective, and have mitt-friendly tensioners.
- Pegs are a mix of Easton Gold round pegs for easy driving and Y cross-section aluminum pegs for maximum strength and holding power.
- Multiple external guy line anchors for battening down in rough weather.
- Internal guy line anchors for rigging in extreme conditions.
|Ideal for||Winter and expedition camping|
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||40-denier nylon|
|Canopy mesh||Nylon no-see-um mesh|
|Floor fabric||70-denier nylon|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||75-denier polyester|
|Fly coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||Easton 7075 T9 aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.24m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||60 x 22 x 22cm|
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.7sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.8sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.