Great all around pants for use in nearly any backcountry situation – summer or winter. The abrasion-resistant fabric sheds snow and light rain and stands up to the abuse of alpine scrambling. The fit is reasonably close; somewhere between snug pants and generously cut tights. The legs have a slight taper to minimize bulk and keep them streamlined.
- Made of breathable nylon for superb abrasion resistance, blended with spandex for stretch.
- Fully welded seam construction minimizes abrasion and potential for chafing.
- Stretch waist with integrated webbing belt and fly front.
- Zippered hand pockets and right thigh pocket have mesh pocket liners to add venting options.
- Articulated knees for excellent mobility.
- Drawcord hems cinch to boots, keeping snow out.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.