Made for winding rural rides and swift cross-town missions, the Côte finds a smooth balance between touring comfort and efficient function. Its 32mm tires are strong enough to handle gravel roads but also roll well on urban routes. If you want to ride your bike everywhere – the office, a weekend vineyard tour, a remote lakeside campsite – but only want one bike, the Côte will happily get you there.
- Light aluminum frame and fork.
- 700 x 32 tires work well on unpaved roads and potholed city streets.
- Shimano® R515 mechanical disc brakes perform in all weather conditions.
- Shimano Tiagra triple crank and 10-speed cassette provide ample gear range for commuting, road riding, and touring.
- Threaded fittings make it easy to attach racks, fenders, and water bottles.
- Lots of clearance between the frame and wheel to accommodate fenders.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC tapered 7005 aluminum|
|Stem||Easton EA30 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 23/CC Integrated|
|Handlebars||Easton EA30 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano R515 (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Tiagra|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Tiagra|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Tiagra|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Tiagra 50-39-30T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Tiagra|
|Hub (front)||Road Disc|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Tiagra 10-speed 12-30T|
|Chain||Shimano Tiagra CN-4601|
|Rims||Mavic A319 Disc|
|Tires||Continental Tour Ride 700 x 32|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Viper|