Translated as "hill" in Italian, the Poggio has the answer to the ascent/descent dilemma. Breathable fabric keeps you cool on your grind up, and windproof panels keeps you warm when you're screaming back down the hill. An insulating back panel keeps heat close when it's needed, and expels it when it's not. Extended fleece flip collar extends the coverage up to your jawline.
- Water-resistant Windstopper X-Lite Stretch body fabric is made from a breathable, windproof blend of polyester and elastane.
- Insulating Castelli® Warmer fabric is made from breathable polyester.
- Thermoflex flip-up collar takes the edge off of cool breezes.
- Elastic gripper at waist keeps your jersey's position in check.
- 3 rear drop-in pockets.
- Full-length YKK® Vislon® zipper with locking pull tab.
- Reflective tabs keep you visible.
- Castelli's optimal temperature rating is 8-17°C.
- Care instructions: cold wash, do not bleach, dry clean, tumble dry, use fabric softener, or iron (steam only).
|Type||Fleece-lined wind shell|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
|Pockets||3 back drop-in|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.