When you live in the northern hemisphere, you learn to roll with the seasons. The Steadfaster Jacket uses a layer of light, quilted insulation to help you face cool fall and spring days – or winter days if you live on the west coast. Taped seams and waterproof-breathable fabric offer shelter from the rain and wind, but the tapered design has a presentable, urban appropriate look. The hood and flannel-lined collar keep your head and neck warm, while zippered pockets and a front storm flap add practical touches for cold days and windy settings.
- Outer is made from polyester with a micro-porous polyurethane coating that sheds water and dirt.
- Insulated with quilted polyester with a recycled polyester lining.
- Taped seams keep out water.
- 3-panel integrated hood with drawcord.
- Separate collar keeps your neck warm even with the hood down.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets with soft flannel lining.
- 1 interior zippered chest pocket.
- 2-way front zipper can be adjusted for sitting.
- Full front placket with hidden snaps and storm flap.
- Adjustable cuffs with tab and snap.
- Shockcord adjustable hem.
- Center back length is 83.2cm for size medium.
- Care instructions: Front loading machine wash cold on delicate cycle. Do not use fabric softeners. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low. Do not iron. Do not dry clean.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Technology||Microporous PU coating|
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester (body) + 80g/sq. m polyester (arms)|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|