The Tikka + is extremely versatile. It has a range of lighting modes to light close tasks like cooking, and for lighting up the trail ahead when you're moving quickly. An intelligent battery life management system gives you a healthy amount of reserve power when the batteries are getting low. An adaptable powerhouse headlamp that fits in a pocket.
- 3 LEDs (2 white, 1 red) provide spot or proximity lighting. Red light is good for reading without keeping your partner awake or for retaining your night vision.
- 7 modes including flash setting for both red and white lights. Boost mode gives you an immediate burst of 140-lumen "what's that noise?" light.
- Regulated output means the light level remains steady over the burn time.
- Reserve mode provides 8 lumens for up to 40 hours.
- Red indicator comes on when batteries are almost drained, so you're not left completely in the dark.
- Pivoting head directs light where you need it.
- Compatible with lithium and NiMH rechargeable batteries.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Beam distance - boost||60m|
|Beam distance - low||25m|
|Beam distance - med||30m|
|Beam distance - high||50m|
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Light source||1 LED|
|Burn time - flash||200 h|
|Burn time - low||12 h|
|Burn time - med||6 h|
|Burn time - high||2 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Beam pattern affects how much you can see within the area of light thrown from the headlamp. Wide beams are good for close-up; spot or focussed beams are good for long range visibility.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
Rechargeable lights give you hassle-free recharging with almost any power source. Replaceable batteries provide instant power, but you’ll need to bring extra batteries, recycle used ones and buy new ones.
|Red light mode||Yes|
|Batteries||3 AAA (included)|