Solid mountain tech paired with road bike responsiveness for a powerful ride down cross-country trails or bike lanes. At the heart of the Cross 5500 is a rigid aluminum frame, with the necessary stiffness for control through the rough stuff and damping power to mellow out road vibration. When the grade changes to inclined, your legs will appreciate the frame's lightness. A short chainstay, slack head tube angle, and steep seat tube angle deliver an ideal trifecta: controlled descents, in-saddle comfort, and enhanced maneuvering through corners.
- 7005 DB aluminum frame ensures rigidity while maintaining low weight and keeps the cost reasonable.
- Oversized head tube provides torsional rigidity for better handling.
- Broad frame tubes increases the frame's torsion strength and ability to withstand stress.
- Neon RL shocks provide 60mm of travel, eating up the trail and smoothing out the unannounced potholes.
- No standard tube sets here. Hydroforming technology is used to create a custom frame, built precisely to spec.
- Large, nobby tires roll smoothly like a road bike, but give it the trail capability of a mountain bike.
- 30-speed Shimano drivetrain complements the durable Shimano component set.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost 7005 DB aluminum|
|Fork||RST Neon RL|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-DC1 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M445 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M445 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Deore|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCT 551 48-36-26T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-51 BSA|
|Hub (front)||Shimano 435 Disc|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Shimano 435 Disc|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Deore 10-speed 11-36T|
|Rims||Alex ACE 18|
|Tires||Schwalbe Smart Sam 700 x 40|