A fast, stable tandem with a centre compartment that converts to a third cockpit for Junior or Rover (optional seat required). The Passat G3 is the go-to boat for countless tour companies and adventure racers. Everything the pros love about it – speed, seaworthiness, capacity and quality construction that shrugs off hard knocks – will serve you well on self-guided expeditions. It tracks tightly with the rudder up or down, edges easily, and can cruise at 5 knots. Newly upgraded seats let you cover kilometres in comfort.
- Made with hand-laid fibreglass.
- Greenland bow parts the waves for a drier ride.
- Recessed deck fittings reduce spray in rough seas.
- Seats have moulded bottoms and padded adjustable backrests.
- Lockout foot pedals position you securely in the boat.
- Padded thigh braces increase power and control.
- Plastic keel guard protects the bottom of the stern during landings.
- Surf-style rudder pivots 270 degrees into V-bracket on rear deck.
- Lowering and raising lines for the rudder are on opposite sides of the cockpit to minimize confusion.
- Secure nylon straps hold the paddle steady for paddle-float self-rescues. Quick-release tabs free it rapidly after re-entry.
- Cockpit covers keep the rain out on shore.
- Centre compartment is fully bulkheaded from bow and stern cockpits, and can hold a child with the optional centre seat.
|Ideal for||Expedition kayak touring|
The depth of the boat at the front of the cockpit, measured from the inside bottom of the boat to the inside top.
|Internal cockpit dimensions||82 x 41cm (32.35 x 16in.)|
The overall volume capacity of a boat or the total board displacement in litres.