MEC Occurrent Jacket - Women's
A modern cut with technical features make this fitted parka a winter staple for around town. Treated with a DWR (durable water repellency) finish and insulated with high-quality down, it keeps you warm and looking good, whether you're at home or exploring the sights in a ski village. The wide brim of the hood transitions into the shawl collar, so you can surround your face in coziness when cold winds are really gusting.
- Outer fabric is polyester ripstop with a light polyurethane coating and a DWR finish to shed moisture and keep down from escaping.
- Insulated with 625 fill-power grey duck down.
- Quilted construction with nice diamond quilted detail on the back yoke.
- Lined with recycled polyester taffeta to slide over layers.
- Zippered front has a storm placket as an extra insulating measure.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets are fleece-lined and set behind the insulated layer for maximum warmth on your hands.
- 1 internal zippered pocket provides a place to keep items secure.
- Wide inner elastic at waist is hidden from the outside but seals in heat from the inside.
- Centre back length is 27 1/8in. for size medium.
- Care instructions: Turn garment inside-out while washing and drying. Front loading machine was cold on delicate cycle. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Tumble dry low with tennis balls. Do not iron or dry clean.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Insulation||625 fill-power duck down|
|Down weight||241 g (medium)g|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.