MEC Aurina Jacket - Women's
Modern lines with a light layer of warmth for snappy spring and fall days. The high collar does double-duty: looking good and blocking breezes. The soft flannel-like texture makes this jacket feel like a warmer version of your coziest shirt. Style it with skinny jeans, tall boots and a to-go cup of matcha tea (in your own mug, naturally).
- Made of a comfortable wool and nylon blend.
- Contrast fabric is polyester with a DWR (durable water repellency) finish to shed light drops.
- Quilted polyester insulation for cool shoulder season days.
- Tall collar has overlapping shawl closure to keep out sneaky gusts.
- Asymmetric front zipper with wide storm placket inside seals in warmth.
- Zippered interior chest pocket for securely holding your phone.
- 2 hidden handwarmer pockets.
- Zippered gussets on cuffs for simple glove layering.
- Centre back length is 68cm for size medium.
- Care instructions: Hand wash cold. Do not bleach. Reshape dry flat. Do not tumble dry. Steam iron low when needed. Do not dry clean.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Face fabric||Wool + nylon|
|Insulation||80g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.