MEC Sidestreet Rain Jacket - Women's
MEC Sidestreet Rain Jacket - Women's
- Available prices Clearance price $110.00 From $110.00 to $159.00 $110.00 – $159.00
This item ships FREE!
- Available online
- Check store availability
The waterproof-breathability of a backcountry jacket, but with mountains of style for the city. Peach-textured fabric creates a soft-to-touch feel, and the heathered look is a brilliant match for a bright scarf and tall boots. It’s seam-taped with a big shawl collar and hood, so you can confidently head out in windy downpours instead of battling with an inside-out umbrella.
- Face fabric is ripstop polyester with a DWR (durable water repellency) finish to shed precipitation.
- 2-layer waterproof-breathable construction.
- Recycled polyester drop liner inside for smooth layering.
- Fully seam-taped for when the rain really picks up.
- Wide overlapping collar with asymmetric zipper detail and leather zipper pull.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets in case you forget your gloves.
- Internal pocket with snap closure to securely tuck away small items.
- Cuffs have snap closures to keep out cool breezes.
- Centre back length is 70.5cm for size medium.
- Care instructions: Close all zips and Velcro® before washing. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Rinse thoroughly. Tumble dry low. Steam iron at medium temperature. Do not dry clean.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
|Face fabric||180-denier polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.