Long the choice of outdoor pros, the Ranger is reliably accurate in any conditions. This updated version has a fluorescent dial, high contrast markings and luminous points to make low-light navigation easier. The split mirror lets you take super-accurate sights, the declination adjustment prevents true vs. magnetic mix-ups, and a clinometer helps you suss out dubious slopes.
- 2 degree dial graduations.
- Easy to use bezel and grip.
- Clip-down cover.
- Lanyard has an adjustable slider and declination-adjusting screwdriver.
- 1:24,000, 1:25,000, 1:50,000 scales.
- 1/20-inch and millimetre rulers.
- Map magnifier brings out squinty details.
- Silicone feet prevent slipping on maps.
The earth's magnetic field varies considerably so most compasses are designed to work in the specific hemisphere zones for which they are being used. A global compass can be used anywhere.
|Dimensions||10 x 6.4cm|
Measures angles of slope, elevation or inclination.
Luminous markings allow you to read your compass in dim light conditions.
Sets the compass to indicate true north instead of magnetic north.