Designed for and by extreme freeriders, this beast is built for wide boards, torsionally rigid boots, and aggressive big mountain skiing. Independent toe and heel pieces allow the ski to flex along its entire length for performance and feel of an alpine binding, while freeing you from having to lift the weight of the entire binding with each step while touring. The Beast is among the world’s lightest freeride bindings, and the only AT binding that offers true alpine binding performance.
- Rotating toe piece prevents pre-release caused by sudden impacts by re-centering the boot toe when the blow isn’t enough for a full ejection.
- Rear pivot points enable extra vertical movement for a release path of 10mm from 4mm.
- Easy step-in entry: line up the toe pins then press heel down with controlled force.
- Ultra-low binding height ensures flat boot-to-ski contact for alpine binding feel and performance.
- Low forward lean angle between toe and heel provides a stable and smooth ride.
- Boot-heel reinforcement plate included. Provides maximum force absorption even at high DIN settings. Mounting must be done by a qualified ski tech and requires holes drilled into your ski boots.
- Awarded TUV DIN certification.
- 4 point attachment system for increased torsional rigidity.
- Extra wide base plate and bore-hole template designed for wide skis with a minimum waist of 80mm.
- Traditional Dynafit pivot point provides maximum stride for efficient touring.
- 3 brake sizes 105, 120, 135.
- DIN is adjustable at the heel, toe release is not adjustable.
- Change from tour to ski mode without exiting.
- We recommend that these bindings be installed by a trained ski tech. Visit our stores or contact us for details about MEC's Ski Shop services.
The boot and binding systems must match for best performance and safe use.
The release setting determines how easily the binding will release the ski boot from the ski is the skier falls.
|Maximum compatible brake||135mm|
Mode change without exit
Enables you to go from touring to descent mode without removing your skis.