A great choice for backside touring or aspiring big-line skiers, these powder boards are built for all-mountain exploration. Named as a tribute to the late, great Doug Coombs, who spent years tweaking this design. The Coomback 114 take the attributes of the 104 and adjsuts the taper, rocker and sidewalls to give it solid edge hold to rail in firmer snow. The tip shaping has a powder-influenced design that's easier to steer in soft and unpredictable snow. The profile of the tips is long and low with K2's All Terrain Rocker for smooth, surfy planing in light, deep snow.
- Triaxial braided fir core with torsion box.
- Hybritech sidewalls (a blend of sidewall and cap construction) combines power and performance with the lightweight characteristics and smooth turn initiation of cap construction.
- Powder tip is predictable in soft snow provides easy turn initiation in variable snow. It strikes a balance between maximizing float while reducing tip deflection. Tips have a gentle arc and transition into the side cut of the ski.
- All Terrain rocker and medium to low camber are designed for versatility and a consistent feel in all conditions.
- Grommets in the tip and tail.
- Tail profile is flat with a slight rise for precision. Shape is plungeable for building snow anchors.
- Designed for off-piste and soft snow climates; 90% ungroomed, 10% groomed riding.
|Ideal for||Freeride and freeskiing|
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.
|Rocker/camber profile||Rocker tip|
|Dimension (all lengths)||140-114-118mm|