Right? It's like you can already see yourself rolling down a sunshiney street, Wayfarers on, en route to campus or the beach. With a classic design and vintage esthetic, Viva takes care to do more than just offer up a good-looking ride. An ideal city commuter, the Legato Mixte has an internally geared rear hub, so there's no exposed derailleur and all of the maintenance that goes along with it. You can also shift your gears at a standstill, taking the grunt work out of moving away from a light while still in a high gear. A cushy Cionlli saddle keeps you comfortable throughout your commute, and a long-lasting steel frame, reliable Kenda tires, and dropped and split top tube for easier on and off ensure that you will be happy with your bike's performance for years to come.
- Chromoly steel frame offers up a responsive ride, with good flex and durability.
- Matching fenders for protection on rainy days.
- 7-speed internally geared Shimano® rear hub with bar mounted grip shifter for smooth, easy shifts every time.
- Plastic pedals are sold as part of this bike's assembly.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Lars Andersen, a former cyclist with the Danish national team, began Viva Bike Design in 2006. Keeping in line with the company's Denmark roots, Viva creates rides that are esthetically pleasing and well-engineered for navigating the urban landscape.
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shifters||Shimano Nexus Revo|
|Crank + rings||Alu Single Speed|
|Bottom bracket||Cartridge bearing|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Shimano Nexus 7-speed|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|18T Fixed/18T Free|
|Rims||Alloy double wall|