Manufactured from high quality, triple-butted hydroformed aluminum, it's your gateway to cyclocross, mud and other obstacles. Fitted with Avid BB7 disc brakes for well-modulated stopping power, the X-Bow delivers an uncomplicated, bike for speeding over grass tracks and navigating off-road challenges. Burly Challenge Girfo tires give you solid traction and keep you grounded on sketchy corners. The saddle, stem, and seat post are provided by Ridley's in-house component team to keep the performance exceptional and the price point accessible. Cross-specific geometry puts an emphasis on handling and control (because while the skid outs are fun, they do hurt your time). The bottom bracket has a shorter drop for more pedal clearance when your tires and rims are buried, and a flat top tube for easier shouldering. A great option for those looking to venture into the CX world.
- Triple-butted hydroformed 7005 series T6 aluminum frame.
- Oversized headtube offers increased surface area adds rigidity and dissipates vibration.
- Flat sections on seatstays add comfort, dissipate force and absorb road vibrations.
- Top-routed cables make for "cable free grip" and easier handling through the obstacles.
- 4ZA CX wheels have Shimano hubs and spokes, and ALEX XC23 cross rims.
- Shimano Sora components and Tiagra cassette deliver quality, reliability and efficient power transfer from rider to road.
- Avid BB7 brakes have outstanding lever feel, catch instantly, and boast easily controlled modulation.
- Compatible with mudguards and a rear carrier to transition the bike into a winter commuter.
- Compatible with mechanical groupsets only.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Frame||Ridley X-Bow 7005 aluminum|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Avid BB7 (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Sora|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Sora|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Sora|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Sora 46-34T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano HB-M475|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Tiagra 9-speed 12-27T|
|Tires||Challenge Grifo 700 x 32|