Ready to conquer one of the highest paved mountain passes in the world, the Nivolet 2 we're bringing to MEC has a snappy Race 4900 aluminum frame. This rigid performance frame adds precise control and gives the bike a real feeling of connection with the road. The carbon front fork helps to ensure the connection stays responsive, while it cuts the overall weight of the frame. Shimano Tiagra and Tiagra SL components provide fast crisp shifting and give you all the stopping power you could ask for once you crest the col and start dropping back down to the valley.
- Lightweight aluminum frame gives you precise control and provides a feeling of connection to the road.
- Specific chainstay length (chainstay lengths are relative to each frame size) keeps the centre of balance tuned for each frame and makes sure the feel is right for any given size.
- Oversized head tube contributes to torsional rigidity for better handling.
- Carbon front fork delivers a responsive ride without adding unnecessary weight.
- Ghost's Active Flex seatstays offer some much-needed vertical give, lessening the number of jolts and vibrations your body has to absorb.
- Internal cable routing gives a clean look, protects the cables and keeps out dirt and grime.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rock Solid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ghost Race DB AFT aluminum|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-025 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano Tiagra (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Tiagra|
|Shifters||Shimano Tiagra SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Tiagra|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Tiagra|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Tiagra 50-39-30T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Tiagra|
|Hub (front)||Shimano R501|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Tiagra 10-speed 12-30T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Durano 700 x 23|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 1205|