Cool features and thoughtful design details set you up for smooth, efficient hiking. Sized for dayhiking or a lightly packed overnight trip, the Mistral is cut for women. It has narrower shoulder straps, angled to match a woman's torso, and flared hip pads that comfortably transfer weight to your hips. The pack MEC's new Cross Wind back system: a 4mm steel wire to create a trampoline panel against your back. Lined with airmesh, it channels air into a space between the pack and your back to keep you cool as you ascend steep sections.
- Made of 210-denier nylon with a water-resistant polyurethane coating.
- Lined with coated, water-resistant nylon.
- Bottom panel is reinforced with webbing to protect from rubbing your back.
- MEC Cross Wind trampoline style backpanel uses tension to create separation between the pack and your back for serious ventilation.
- Backpanel is lined with airmesh.
- Padded, contoured shoulder straps with height adjustable sternum strap and integrated whistle.
- Load lifter straps.
- Strap keepers to prevent dangling.
- Durable YKK® zippers.
- Padded hip stabilizer fins are mesh covered for venting.
- U-shaped main cmpartment zip makes it easy to get into.
- Front stuff-it pocket with internal zippered pocket.
- Dual side mesh pockets for water bottles, bars or gear.
- Top zippered pocket with internal key clip.
- Compression straps.
- Removable ice axe/pole loops.
- Hydration compatible with internal sleeve, hanger hook and elastic routing straps on shoulder.
- Includes a coated 75-denier polyester rain cover.
|Main fabric||210-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Torso length is measured from the most prominent vertebrae at the back of your neck (top of shoulders) to the spot on your lower spine that lines up with the top of your hipbone.
|Ventilated back panel||Yes|
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.