Shipping update: Peak order volume is causing some delays, please check your tracking link for the latest information. Items that contain batteries are experiencing some shipping delays. Thanks for understanding.
Free shipping on orders over $50
Applies to orders sent Standard Post within Canada (before taxes). Oversized items or hazardous goods do not qualify. Orders under $50 sent Standard Post within Canada are $6.50
Need something fast?
Order online, pick up at your local MEC – pay no shipping.
- Store pickup is available at all locations.
- Safe pickup services are in place, you can collect orders inside or at the storefront.
- Choose a store and we’ll let you know if an item is available for pick up – as soon as the next day.
Shipping within Canada
Providing accurate shipping estimates is tricky right now. We encourage you to use your tracking number to follow orders. If you have a tracking number, it means MEC handed your order to a shipping partner.
5–14 business days
|$6.50 (under $50)
FREE ($50 and up)
3–8 business days
|$15 (up to $1500)
$30 ($1500 to $3000)
$45 (over $3000)
|Priority (may require signature)
2–5 business days
|$30 (up to $1500)
$50 (over $1500)
|Purolator (items over 1m)
10–14 business days
Standard Post is insured for damage or loss. Most orders ship from Surrey, BC and may take 2–3 days to process, in addition to the delivery times shown. Isolated and rural areas may take longer.
Some items cannot be shipped by standard methods. Contact us to find out if your order requires extra freight. Ground, door-to-door service for large items or hazardous goods is also available – some restrictions apply.
Provincial and federal taxes are applied during checkout.
Shipping to USA and international
- Orders shipped outside Canada are not charged Canadian taxes, but are subject to import duties, taxes and custom processing fees. MEC is unable to estimate customs fees.
- A customs invoice arrives with your parcel or may follow in the mail. Recipients are responsible for paying these additional fees.
- Check with your local customs office for more information.
- Bikes cannot be shipped to the USA or internationally
4–10 business days
|$19 (up to $1000)|
|International Air mail
|$50 (up to $200)
International shipping disruptions
MEC is shipping internationally, however we cannot currently guarantee delivery times due to COVID-19-related interruptions for by third-party providers. Depending on the location, you may want to consider delaying internationally-bound purchases until shipping is more certain. Many international destinations are receiving airmail service via Canada Post Xpresspost International. For countries and delivery times, please visit Canada Post.
If an item you want to purchase is temporarily out of stock, you may still be able to order it and reserve the next available stock.
- These item(s) usually ship within 4–5 weeks. We’ll send you an email when your order is on its way.
- Your credit card is charged when the order ships
If your order includes on-order and in-stock items
- We ship in-stock products to you immediately and charge your credit card for these items plus shipping (if applicable).
- We ship the on-order products within 4–5 weeks and notify you by email.
- We charge your credit card for the backorder products only. No additional shipping costs are charged.
We’ll email you if requested items are no longer available. To cancel requests, please contact us.
Adult bikes and e-bikes can be purchased through our Service Centre for pickup in stores. If you order a bike that’s available at your pickup location, there’s no shipping fee applied. If the bike has to be transferred to your pickup location, a non-refundable $150 shipping fee is added to the purchase price to cover the cost of the transfer. Contact us. to purchase a bike, confirm availability or get expert advice to help you select the perfect ride.
Note: Adult bikes and e-bikes currently ship to MEC stores only. They can’t be delivered to a home or other address.
Inflatable watercraft (inflatable SUPs and inflatable or packable kayaks) can be purchased online with a $30 non-refundable shipping fee. They can be delivered to your home or other address.
Non-inflatable kayaks, SUPs and watercraft can be purchased through our Service Centre for pickup in stores. If you order a non-inflatable boat that’s available at your pickup location, there’s no shipping fee applied. If the boat must be transferred to your pickup location, a non-refundable $300 shipping fee is added to the purchase price to cover the cost of the transfer.
Note: Non-inflatable boats currently ship to MEC stores only. They can’t be delivered to a home or other address. There may be some exceptions based on the location of the boat and your local store.