Fit for a king but available to all, the Damocles offers top level performance without sacrificing comfort. The GF HM carbon frame is built from individual tubes that are finely tuned and tweaked at each joint. The somewhat relaxed geometry creates an incredibly smooth and comfortable ride. As you ascend, the Shimano 105 drivetrain shifts smoothly to maintain your cadence. The lightweight 11-speed components offer efficient power transfer and shares some of the same technology – but not the price – of the Ultegra line. When the speed picks up, the oversized headtube gives front end stiffness and precision steering and the Tektro caliper brakes help reign in your ride.
- Ridley Damocles GF high modulous carbon frame, uses unidirectional 24 ton carbon (one square centimetre of carbon withstands pressure up to 24 and 30 tons) to create a frame that's light, quiet and smooth.
- Damocles aero HM carbon fork.
- Shimano 105, 11-speed power train.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC’s Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Damocles GF HM carbon|
|Fork||Damocles aero HM carbon|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro R312 (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||FSA Omega 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Ultegra|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-28T|
|Tires||Continental Grand Sport Race 700 x 23|