Developed in collaboration with female pro riders, this sleek frame gives recreational and competitive riders a lightweight option that climbs like a beast and accelerates effortlessly. Its punchy performance is, in part, due to its exceptional strength-to-weight ratio. The high-modulus carbon is able to withstand 24 to 30 tons of pressure, giving you the confidence to push as hard as you want on a frame that weighs just over 1kg. A slightly curved top tube lowers the stand-over height and shortens up the reach to better fit female proportions. Flat-sectioned seatstays and asymmetric chainstays absorb road buzz, and a tapered head tube improves stiffness for more precise handling. Added bonus: the Liz CR2 provides a solid frame foundation that is upgrade-ready in the event you ever want to build up the ultimate women's road and race bike.
- Ridley Liz carbon frame packs lots of strength into a lightweight frame, using both 30 and 24-ton high-modulus unidirectional carbon fibre (1 square centimetre of carbon withstands pressure up to 24 and 30 tons). An unpainted size small frame weighs in at 1150g.
- Flat-sectioned seatstays add comfort to the rigid frame, dissipating and absorbing road vibrations.
- Diamond tube-shaping has proven strength with high impact resistance, making a very strong, very stiff head, top, and down tube.
- Oversized tapered head tube increases front end stiffness and steering precision.
- Pressfit 30 bottom bracket allows the use of wider down tube and bottom bracket shell, providing maximum power output.
- 105 group set delivers the quality and reliability you expect from Shimano® components.
- Cable routing is clean, aero, and compatible with mechanical and electronic shifting. Mechanical cable stopper can be removed for conversion to electronic shifting.
- Velocity is handled by Tektro caliper brakes.
- Alex Race 28 wheelset.
- Continental Ultra tires have race-oriented tread.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Liz HM carbon|
|Fork||Liz HM carbon|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro R312 (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||Shimano 105 Compact 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano PF30 with BSA adaptor|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-28T|
|Rims||Alex Race 28|
|Tires||Continental Grand Sport Race 700 x 23|
|Saddle||4ZA Stratos Lady|