For thru-hikers who want the lowest possible base weight and still crave a spacious shelter. This tent uses featherlight fabrics, supported by a pair of trekking poles. Vertical walls create usable floor space and an uncrowded feel with lots of head and elbow room. Vents on all sides allow airflow and reduce condensation that’s usually the bane of single-wall designs. The vents are sheltered by an overhanging front awning, so you can zip down the door and admire the views.
- Single wall, one-piece design with the fly sewn to the body.
- Taped seams to make it watertight.
- Large, half-moon shaped door.
- Mesh windows, foot vent and door vents provide airflow and prevent condensation.
- Mesh pocket keeps gear organized.
- Front requires 2 height-adjustable trekking poles for setup.
- Rear of the tent uses a small included pole (you can save weight by using a stick or a third trekking pole).
- Loops for staking it out.
- Optional footprint available. Recommended to get maximum life from your FlyLite.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||10-denier polyester mesh|
|Floor fabric||20-denier nylon ripstop|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||10-denier nylon ripstop|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC Featherlite NSL 7001 T6 aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.12m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||46 x 15cm|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.