Nau Empire Trench - Women's
A trench cut for cold weather, it provides generous coverage and uses Cocona insulation as an alternative to down that offers lightness and true winter warmth. Made of breathable water-resistant materials, the Empire Trench features thoughtful design details including a malleable high collar and removable belt.
- Weather-resistant shell is made of recycled polyester and organic cotton poplin.
- Treated with a breathable DWR (durable water repellency) finish to shed water.
- Recycled polyester lining.
- Insulated with polyester and Cocona, a lightweight polyester blend that retains heat, dries fast, and keeps you warm – and is a nice alternative to down.
- Adjustable high collar stands up or can be folded down, and has a fashionable off-set snap closure.
- Comes with a removable belt.
- Centre back hem vent has snaps to keep it closed.
- Back length is a generous 47in. to keep you completely dry.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Face fabric||Cotton + polyester|
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.