As striking as it is warm, the Copenhagen Down Trench is everything that modern winter apparel should be: aesthetically clean, tailored, and functional for every day. Despite the technical features (650 fill-power down, DWR finish, sealed seams) the cut has a refined style that even skews a little formal. The removable hood can be zipped off when a more streamlined look is in order. The high collar provides protection for a windy crosstown commute. Deep front pockets provide enough space to safely house a tablet or notebook.
- Shell fabric is organic cotton and recycled polyester with a 2-layer waterproof-breathable construction and DWR finish.
- Lined with recycled polyester with a plaid that's a nod to classic Canadian woodsmen.
- Insulated with 650 fill-power recycled down repurposed from goose down duvets.
- Fully seam sealed for excellent waterproof protection.
- Snap off hood features a drawcord adjustment.
- 2 zippered hand pockets, 1 exterior chest pocket, 1 internal zippered pocket with audio port, 1 internal drop in pocket.
- Cut slim enough to yield a put-together look, roomy enough to wear over a sweater.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Face fabric||Cotton + polyester|
|Insulation||650 fill-power duck down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.