MEC Provincial Road 222 Bicycle - Unisex
Asphalt, single track, gravel grinds – the Provincial Road 222 is about as close to a do-anything bike as it gets. The stability focused Reynolds 520 steel frame soaks up chuddery gravel roads and potholes, and is light enough to hang in on club rides when running a 25 or 28C road tire setup. 11-speed SRAM Rival gruppo provides a gear range ready for any situation from logging roads to smooth blacktop, while powerful Rival hydraulic disc brakes yield solid stopping power and nuanced modulation regardless of conditions. Looking to race cyclocross? Tubeless ready wheels let you hit that tire pressure sweet spot come race day. The carbon fibre fork is future-proofed and stiff thanks to a 15mm thru axle, and soaks up road buzz and everyday cobbles.
- Reynolds 520 steel frame with lowered bottom bracket for stable handling.
- Carbon fibre fork with aluminum steerer.
- Front fork only compatible with 15mm thru axles.
- 11-speed SRAM Rival gruppo yields fast shifts and solid braking in a lightweight package.
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide outstanding power and modulation regardless of weather.
- Compact 50/34 crank and huge 11-32t cassette means a gear range ready for every kind of ride.
- Wheels are tubeless ready and lightweight at 1536g.
- Hubs are sealed for durability and smoothness.
- Big 35C tires work well on unpaved roads and potholed city streets.
- Huge tire clearance for high volume tires and sturdy fenders.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics are developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||Reynolds 520 steel|
|Headset||FSA Orbit MX|
|Handlebars||FSA Omega Compact 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Rival (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Rival|
|Derailleur (front)||SRAM Rival|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM Rival|
|Crank + rings||FSA Gossamer Pro 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA Mega Evo|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1130 11-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Clement X'Plor USH 700 x 35|
|Wheel||Alex AClass CXD4|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.