The beauty of alpine touring is discovering untouched steeps. Having skis that hike as well as they ride lets you enjoy the whole mountain. Dynafit’s Chugach Skis are stacked with rebound and agility thanks to its Esche-Pappel Ride core with bamboo and beech stringers. Double Eclipse rocker combines optimal weight to mass ratios. Cap construction, steel edges, fibreglass and carbon reinforcements, and an ultralight nylon top sheet round out these big mountain planks. Passes over rocks are no problem thanks to impact-resistant ABS sidewalls. A built-in aluminum tip securely anchors your skins while minimizing ski vibration. The carbon core in the shovel smooths out chatter in a variety of conditions, making it easy to trek up and tear down.
- Cap construction with ultralight nylon top sheet, steel edges, biaxial laminate in upper and lower layers with fibreglass and carbon reinforcements result in a well-rounded alpine ski.
- Esche-Pappel Ride core with bamboo and beech stringers combine the strength of ash with the lightness of poplar.
- Carbon speed stringer at the girth assists in dampening and rebound without sacrificing handling.
- Robust sintered base ensures maximum wax absorption.
- Full impact-resistant ABS sidewalls give you serious force absorption, even when skiing over rocks.
- Built-in aluminum tip optimizes the skin anchor point and minimizes vibration.
- Carbon core in the shovel reduces mass, smooths chatter, and delivers precision in turn initiation.
- Touring specific scoop Rocker2 profile has varied characteristics unique to each ski length.
- Ideal to pair with Beast bindings and Khion boots.
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.