Ridley Liz CR40 Road Bicycle - Women's
A full-blown carbon race bike with endurance bike tendencies. Featuring feather-weight carbon fibre, the Liz combines a unique diamond-shape frame with intentional flex areas to make it responsive under power and forgiving on rough terrain. While performance is at the forefront, Ridley worked with professional female riders to produce a unique design for women. The slightly curved toptube helps lower standover height and shorten the reach, allowing a confident position for aggressively railing crits or cruising fondos. Mavic's proven, ultra-classic Ksyrium Elite wheelset tip the scales at 1550 grams, and the low spoke count cuts the wind efficiently – both welcome features on steep alpine switchbacks. Equipped with one of the best gruppos around, it gets a lightweight workhorse 11-speed Shimano Ultegra shift setup that balances performance and reliability. Ultegra brakes produce confidence-inspiring catch-free power and nuanced modulation. To top it off, the Liz has proven 4ZA aluminum components to help this ride reach future classic status.
- Unidirectional carbon fibre frame blends 30 and 24 ton high modulus carbon for a frame that balances strength with lightness.
- Curved toptube allows a lower standover height, and negates the need for short and twitchy stems.
- Tapered, reinforced headtube aids aggressive handling and provides excellent impact protection.
- Flattened chainstays provide shock absorption for a comfortable, buzz-free ride.
- Shimano Pressfit BB aids power transfer without adding weight.
- Full carbon fork provides excellent shock absorption and an aerodynamic profile.
- Internal routing aids aerodynamics while keeping cables silky smooth.
- Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelset with 25mm Mavic Yksion Pro tires weigh in at 1550g.
- Shimano 11-speed Ultegra groupset.
- Compact Shimano Ultegra crankset is at home climbing or sprinting.
- Shimano Ultegra brakes feel as good as they perform.
- 4ZA seat, seatpost, stem and other components are race ready and durable.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Liz HM carbon|
|Fork||Liz HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano Ultegra (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Ultegra|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Ultegra|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Ultegra|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Ultegra Compact 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano PF30 with BSA adaptor|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Mavic Yksion Elite 700 x 25|
|Saddle||4ZA Stratos Lady|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.