Ghost Panamao X 5 Bicycle - Unisex
Back alleys, bike lanes, lots of gravel – there's a lot more to urban settings than clean asphalt. For those looking to explore every nook and cranny of the city, the Panamao X5 holds up. Combining 700C wheels with off-road ready details including a front fork and disc brakes, this aluminium steed transitions from rooted paths to rain-slicked bike lanes. The tried and true 9-speed Shimano drivetrain provides gearing options for asphalt hammering or mountain-goating up steep climbs. You can expect solid braking in all conditions with the hydraulic discs. And the front fork soaks up chuddery sections of trail, but features a remote lockout for responsive on-road rigidity.
- 7005 aluminum PG frame ensures rigidity while maintaining low weight and keeps the cost reasonable.
- Oversized headtube improves increases stiffness while providing direct, responsive handling.
- Suntour front fork features remote lockout and 63mm of travel.
- 700C wheels with Schwalbe tires roll fast while retaining solid traction off-road.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide outstanding power and modulation in all conditions.
- Shimano 9-speed groupset provides a massive gear range for all riding styles.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Urban cycling|
|Frame||Ghost 7005 PG aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour NEX RL|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M355 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M355 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Alivio SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Alivio|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Alivio 48-36-26T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano RM33|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG40 9-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Schwalbe CX Comp 700 x 40|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 3315|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.