MEC Light Obsession Hoodie - Men's
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
For exacting mountain settings where balance is key to success. The Light Obsession Hoodie is a highly breathable layer you won't need to strip off as your intensity level rises. Wear it as a jacket, layered under a protective shell, or carry it as a reserve layer when conditions are mild. Thermolite Micro insulation quilted to 20-denier lining provides all-over warmth and efficient moisture transfer, plus it's compressible enough to fit inside the chest pocket. Developed as an ultralight option for alpinists, hikers and skiers, it became a noted favourite of MEC’s gear testers who prized its all-day utility and its pared-back minimalist style.
- Face fabric is lightweight Pertex Quantum Air 20-denier ripstop nylon that's very breathable but still wind resistant.
- DWR finish sheds light precipitation.
- Fully insulated with 60g of synthetic insulation.
- Adjustable hood is compatible with climbing helmets.
- Full length front zipper has an interior storm flap with a stiffener to prevent snags.
- Raglan sleeves are comfortable under pack straps.
- Zippered chest pocket doubles as a stuff sack.
- Hand pockets store small essentials or warm frigid digits.
- Elastic edge binding on cuffs and shock cord adjustable hem seal in heat.
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.