This simple shelter has enough livable room to make it nicer than just a sleep pod. The Freelite series are MSR's lightest freestanding tents, and are great for weekend backcountry trips. The big doors and mesh canopy add a spacious feel, the pared back design and ultralight materials suit those who like to move freely with a just-right-sized pack. The simple design has 2 vestibules and D-shaped doors, with enough room for 3 standard sleeping pads and a bit of gear, or 2 sleeping pads with tons of room for packs, gear and extras.
- Full mesh canopy for lots of ventilation and low weight.
- Hubbed pole design creates near vertical walls that let you sit up .
- MSR's DuraShield coatings on fly and floor last twice as long as standard.
- Fly and floor are made of super lightweight 15-denier nylon ripstop that's moderately durable, a footprint is recommended for rough ground and longer trips.
- Interior has loops for attaching a gear loft and has 2 mesh pockets.
- Pitch it with just the fly and optional footprint for a superlight shelter.
- Includes 10 MSR 6in. Needle stakes and 4 lengths of 1.8mm red reflective guy line with cord tensioners.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||10-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||15-denier nylon ripstop|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||15-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||0.96m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.815sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.815sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.