Lighten your load without reducing your standard of living. MSR kept the geometry of their spectacularly successful Hubba-Hubba, and virtually all the interior volume, but managed to shave nearly a pound off the weight. The weight savings come from carbon fibre poles, an efficient peg-out design and some of the lightest fabrics available anywhere. It all nets out to roomy living for 2 campers at about a pound apiece.
- Fly, floor and mesh are made from light-as-a-feather low-denier fabrics.
- Polyurethane Durashield waterproof coating on floor and fly is twice as durable as standard coatings.
- Carbon poles are lighter and stronger than aluminum.
- Set up the fly alone with the optional footprint to create an ultralight shelter.
- Zipperless vestibules use Velcro® strips and lightweight metal fasteners instead of a zipper to shave grams
- Interior mesh storage pockets and loops for an optional gear loft keep your small items organized.
- Note that this is not a freestanding tent. It requires pegging.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||10-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||15-denier nylon|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||7-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyethylene|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||Easton Carbon ION|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||0.86m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||43 x 13cm|
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.65sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.65sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.