The wide range of this helmet fits most adult heads, so you're covered if you want to swap or share whitewater gear. The DialFit system lets you quickly adjust the fit to accommodate heads or to add a cold-weather paddling cap underneath.
- ABS plastic shell is lightweight and durable.
- Glued-in EVA foam liner offers excellent impact protection.
- Ratchet-adjust DialFit system tunes the fit with a simple twist of a knob.
- Adjustable chin strap.
- Plush FIT pads are fixed at key contact points provide extra comfort.
- 6 ventilation/drainage ports let air in and water out.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).