Ridley X-Trail A50 Bicycle - Unisex
What kind of bike can hang in on club rides, gravel grind and race cyclocross all in one weekend? Until now, nothing, but that's changed with the arrival of the X-Trail series. With many of the features found on its carbon sibling (the X-Trail C), the X-Trail A draws on a high-performing aluminum frame that won't break the bank. Incredibly versatile, the geometry combines the nimbleness of a cyclocross ride with the high-speed stability and stiffness of a road bike. Massive clearance allows up to 38C tires to hammer the cyclocross circuit or a group ride by simply swapping out tires or wheels. Lightweight and smooth, the 11-speed Shimano 105 gruppo is a performer with a versatile gear range. Mechanical TRP Spyre disc brakes provide stopping power with nuanced modulation (and they're great value). Smart details make this package a winner: asymmetric rear triangle for shock absorption and stiffness, hidden fender mounts for everyday usability and a scuff guard on the fork to prevent damage when swapping out wheels.
- Triple butted hydroformed aluminum frame is light, incredibly durable and represents huge value.
- Lowered bottom bracket provides the high speed stability needed for road riding.
- Rear triangle design features uniquely shaped individual tubes for maximum stiffness, low weight and a comfortable degree of flex.
- Bridgeless seat stay design improves tire clearance and allows the seat stay to independently flex for added shock absorption.
- Oversized tapered head tube increases front end stiffness and steering precision.
- Asymmetric carbon fibre fork features an aluminum steertube and integrated scuff guard.
- 11-speed Shimano 105 gruppo yields precise shifting in a lightweight package.
- TRP Spyre mechanical disc brakes provide power and modulation in any weather.
- 4ZA Stratos handlebars are designed with race performance in mind.
- Compact 50/34 crank and 11-32t cassette offers a wide gear range.
- Thru-axles in the rear provide outstanding stiffness, tracking and quick wheel changes.
- Fulcrum Racing Sport DB wheels are durable enough to handle every weird adventure.
- 36C Clement X'Plor MSO tires are designed for everything that Mother Nature has to throw at you.
- Hidden fender mounts add touring versatility.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Frame||Ridley X-Trail Disc 6061 aluminum|
|Fork||Carbon with aluminum steerer|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|TRP Spyre C (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC RS500 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-RS500 BSA|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Clement X'Plor MSO 700 x 36|
|Wheel||Fulcrum Racing Sport DB|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.