Grown in Utah, the Super Chargers are not, as the name might suggest, an amped up version of the Charger Skis. They're nimble and floaty like the V8, but a bit less fat. With a wood core, carbon and triaxial fiberglass layers, they feel light and remain very playful dipping into the trees or arcing through a wide open bowl. The super versatile 106mm waist opens up the whole mountain and takes you through a full season of snow conditions.
- Lightweight aspen wood core shaves weight while providing liveliness.
- Carbon fiberglass layer increase liveliness and strength but keep the weight low.
- Triaxial Fiberglass Layer makes for a responsive and torsionally stiff ski.
- Nylon topsheet is durable and prevents snow from sticking to the ski.
- 2mm, full-perimeter steel edges allows for seasons of tuning.
- Early rise in the tip and tail improves float when the snow density is low and the stoke is high.
|Ideal for||Alpine touring|
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.