All-conditions, all mountain, all the time. Great on-piste or off, Volkl Yumi skis can really tackle hardpack, but welcome a float through drift too. A multi-layer wood core, wrapped in a composite fibreglass sheath give you great durability, grip, and liveliness. Control and support come from tip rocker and camber construction. Sporty and playful, these skis bounce around the slopes at will.
- Beech core in the binding area creates secure screw retention, lighter poplar is used elsewhere for best resilience and grip.
- Box construction combines a multi-layer wood core and a composite fibreglass sheath at mid-body for durability, grip, strength, and screw retention.
- Sidewalls offer edge grip and durability from impact.
- Tip Rocker with cambered area underfoot at the tail provide control and support.
- Recommended for use with Marker bindings.
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.
|Rocker/camber profile||Rocker tip|