Ridley Fenix SL50 Road Bicycle - Unisex
With its light, layered carbon fibre frame, the Fenix SL50 is a responsive, comfortable ride that blurs the line between race bike and endurance bike. On high-spirited KOM attempts or finishing sprints, the tapered head tube and massive pressfit BB create a direct transfer between you and the road. Detour onto backroads, and the Fenix's endurance roots come to the fore. When descending washboard gravel, the flattened chainstays and tire clearance (up to 28mm) offer a compliant ride without sacrificing race-ready stiffness. Mavic Aksiums are all around performers – tough, fast-rolling and aerodynamic. A frame this good deserves a certain calibre of components, so Ridley opted for SL50 with Shimano's excellent 11-speed 105 groupset and a host of proven 4ZA aluminum components to tie this whip together.
- High modulus carbon fibre frame with comfort and stiffness engineered diamond shaped top and head tubes performs in all conditions.
- Slightly raised headtube adds a bit of endurance comfort to an otherwise race-ready fit.
- Tapered, reinforced head tube shaves grams, aids aggressive handling and provides excellent impact protection.
- Flattened chainstays provide shock absorption for a comfortable, buzz-free ride.
- FSA Pressfit BB aids power transfer without adding weight.
- Revamped carbon fibre fork with carbon steer tube integrates into frame for aerodynamic gains.
- Internal routing aids aerodynamics while keeping cables silky smooth.
- Carbon fibre drop outs help cut overall weight, while the stainless steel inserts add protection.
- Mavic Aksium Elite wheelset with Mavic Yksion Elite Guard 25mm tires.
- Shimano 11-speed 105 groupset.
- Compact FSA crankset is at home climbing or sprinting.
- 4ZA brakes feel as good as they perform.
- 4ZA Stratos seat, seat post, stem and other components are race ready and durable.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Fenix SL HM carbon|
|Fork||Fenix SL HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|4ZA (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||FSA Gossamer Pro 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA PF30|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Mavic Yksion Elite Guard 700 x 25|
|Wheel||Mavic Aksium Elite|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.