Ridley Fenix C50 Disc Road Bicycle - Unisex
The Fenix is a gateway bike for long-distance riders and high-level competitors. A high-modulus carbon fibre frame stands up to the cobbled climbs and wild weather of northern Europe. For everyday North American riders, it translates into a deliciously stiff, yet comfortable, frame. Ridley relies on the time-tested strength of sharp-edged, diamond-shaped tubes to add strength to the tube profile. Its strength and rigidity are balanced with flattened seatstays so you're not left vibrating at the end of a long ride. A wide top tube flows into an oversized head tube, creating a seamless transition between comfort and stiffness – a give and take that continues throughout your ride. The C50 features a smooth and efficient Shimano 105, 11-speed drivetrain with 105 hydraulic brakes to control your speed.
- Unidirectional carbon frame packs lots of strength into a lightweight frame, 24-ton high modulus unidirectional carbon fibre (one square centimetre of carbon withstands pressure up to 24 tons).
- Flat-sectioned seatstays add comfort to the rigid frame, dissipating and absorbing road vibration.
- Diamond tube-shaping has proven strength with high impact resistance, making a very strong, very stiff head, top, and down tube.
- Oversized tapered head tube increases front end stiffness and steering precision.
- Pressfit 30 bottom bracket allows the use of wider down tube and bottom bracket shell, providing maximum power output.
- 4ZA Stratos seat, seatpost, stem and other components are race ready.
- Shimano 105 11-speed drivetrain allows smooth power transfer from rider to road.
- Compact FSA Gossamer Pro crankset is at home climbing or sprinting.
- Asymmetric chainstay achieves superior bottom bracket and chainstay stiffness without compromising crankset interference.
- Speed is handled by Shimano 105 hydraulic brakes.
- Cable routing is clean, aero, and compatible with mechanical and electronic shifting. Mechanical cable stopper can be removed for conversion to electronic shifting.
- Mavic Aksium Disc wheelset combines disc braking ability with the Aksium's all-around performance.
- Pedals sold separately.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA."
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Fenix Disc HM carbon|
|Fork||Fenix disc HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-RS785 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano ST-RS505 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||FSA Gossamer Pro 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA PF30|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Continental Ultra Sport II 700 x 25|
|Wheel||Mavic Aksium Disc|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.