Ridley X-Trail CR40 Bicycle - Unisex
What kind of bike can hang in on club rides, gravel grind and race cyclocross? The incredibly versatile Ridley X-Trail. Its geometry combines the nimbleness of a cyclocross ride with the high-speed stability and stiffness of a road bike. Massive clearance allows 36C tires, for hammering the cyclocross circuit. The light and silky Shimano Ultegra gruppo has a versatile gear range. Powerful hydraulic disc brakes provide stopping power with nuanced modulation regardless of the conditions. And a host of smart details: shock absorbing asymmetric rear triangle, hidden fender mounts, fork scuff guard to prevent damage when swapping wheels – make this package a winner:
- High-modulus uni-directional carbon fibre frame is light, stiff, comfortable and durable enough to handle the rigours of varied riding.
- Rear triangle design features uniquely shaped individual tubes for maximum stiffness, low weight and a comfortable degree of flex.
- Bridgeless seat stay design improves tire clearance and allows the seat stay to independently flex for added shock absorption.
- Oversized tapered head tube increases front end stiffness and steering precision.
- Asymmetric carbon fibre fork features an carbon steertube and integrated scuff guard.
- 11-speed Shimano Ultegra gruppo yields precise shifting in a lightweight package.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide power and modulation in any weather.
- 4ZA Cirrus stem, handlebars and seatpost are designed to perform.
- Compact 50/34 crank and 11-32t cassette offers a wide gear range.
- 12mm thru-axles front and rear provide outstanding stiffness, tracking and quick wheel changes.
- Fulcrum Racing 5 DB wheels are durable enough to handle every weird adventure.
- 36C Clement X'Plor MSO tires are designed for everything that Mother Nature has to throw at you.
- Hidden fender mounts add touring versatility.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Frame||Ridley X-Trail Disc HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-RS805 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano ST-RS685 Disc|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Ultegra|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Ultegra|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Ultegra Compact 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Ultegra Pressfit|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Clement X'Plor MSO 700 x 36|
|Wheel||Fulcrum Racing 5|
|Saddle||4ZA Cirrus Pro|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.